Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.office.developer.vba,microsoft.public.word.tables,microsoft.public.word.vba.general
deano deano is offline

Default Naming word tables or coding reference library with vba

Sarah take a look at my post from a similar question here at
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...&q=deano&hl=en

Any chance
you can just use print statement to write one record at a time as
below:

Sub records_txtfile()
Dim ff As Integer
ff = FreeFile()
Open "C:\textfile.txt" For Output As ff
For r = Firstrecord To Lastrecord
' generate your record here
For c = FirstCol To lastcol
Print #ff, Cells(r, c);
Next c
Print #ff, 'blank line
Next r
Close ff
End Sub

take care,
deano

hornbecky83 wrote:
Hi-

I am working remotely in word vba through excel vba. Basically I have
programed in excel to create a new word document, add a button, and
then add code to the word document for when the button in excel is
clicked. The code I am adding to the word document needs to copy a
table and paste it (right above the button). I figured out how to copy
a table if you give it an index number, but with the other code I am
running the number of tables always changes. Therefore hardcoding an
index number is a bad idea. I will end up copying different tables
each time and not the one I want. Is it possible to add a name or
range to that table, so I can just copy the table name or range?

If this is not possible, I wanted to know if its possible to code
adding an excel reference library in word. If I have the word document
button code remote access excel to get the named table range that way,
I need to figure out how to code an excel reference library into the
button code. I do not know how or if this is possible. Manually
setting it is not an option. I really hope someone can help me! Thank
you so much in advance.

sarah