Bay Area DebG

Jezebel,

Thanks for your response. I did find information regarding IF statements in
MS Word and I finally figured out how to use the bookmarks (you mentioned) to
reference the value in the field. In the help system, it talks about
specifying multiple conditions that I cannot get to work. Even their example
code does not work.
--
Thanks,
Deb

"Jezebel" wrote:

You can't do this sort of thing in Word. Calculations are limited to very
limited calculations like SUM(ABOVE). If you're really keen, you could
bookmark D16 and use REF fields; but it's probably better to embed an Excel
table.

"Bay Area DebG" Bay Area DebG @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
I am trying to calculate grades based on values in a table. Here is the
Excel formula:
=IF(D16899,"A",IF(D16799,"B",IF(D16699,"C",IF(D 16599,"D",IF(D16500,"F"))))).

Unfortunately, this formula does not work in Word. Could someone walk me
through how to reference a cell, perform a calculation on it, and then
return
a single letter value?