Bay Area DebG

That's exactly what I needed, thank you so much!!!

To answer your question, the last symbol is correct. Anything less than
500 is an "F". All numbers greater should already be covered in the formula.
Actually, I look at what you typed and I think I have an error, because I
also need to include the numbers from 501 to 598. But I can take care of
that.

Thanks again!

--
Let me know if this helps!
Bay Area DebG

"macropod" wrote:

Hi Deb,

Despite what Jezebel claims, you can indeed do this sort of thing in Word!
Take a look at my 'tutorial' document on Word field maths at:
http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=365442
All the information you need is there. The formula you end up with should
look like:
{IF{=D16} 899 A {IF{=D16} 799 B {IF{=D16} 699 C {IF{=D16} 599 D
{IF{=D16} 500 F}}}}}
Note that the spaces indicated above are critical.

Cheers
PS: What happens if 600D16499? Is the last '' symbol the wrong way round?