Peter Ide

Default Word keeps changing text outline level

Thank you very much, you're lifesavers, I wish I'd asked sooner. It's going
to take me awhile to get over the loss of Document Map, I'm addicted to it,
but I'll try. I find Outline view pretty clunky by comparison. Among the
inconveniences, it seems you have to jiggle the insertion point every time
you come back to normal/print in order to get the view to move to the new
location. Is the bug really gone from 2003? This alone could be enough to
make me upgrade.

Anyways, thanks again.

Peter

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote:

That suggested link includes easy fixes to undo the changes Word already
made, as well as more information.

On 11/9/05 1:06 AM, "Stefan Blom" wrote:

Are you using the Document Map? This feature usually tries to "guess"
which paragraphs are headings. A simple work-around is to use the
Outline view instead. For more information, see:

Outline Levels and the Document Map
http://daiya.mvps.org/docmap.htm

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word