Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom

Default Problem pasting landscape table rows

The KB article below seems to describe a related issue, although it
was written for Word 2000:

WD2000: Table Rows Are Uneven When You Collect and Paste Rows to New
Document
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/224737/en-us

See also the following (which may or may not be relevant to you):

WD2002: How to Use the Paste Options Button to Paste Data into a Table
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/284842/en-us

Options used for Smart Cut and Paste settings in Word 2003 and Word
2002
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297680/en-us

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Leopold Stotch" skrev i meddelandet
ups.com...

Leopold Stotch wrote:
Stefan Blom wrote:
Did you try splitting the table, pasting the rows as a separate

table
(which seems to paste them in the correct size) and then merge

the
tables?

I didn't try that, although further investigation suggests that

it's
related to the clipboard. On another PC, the problem occurred

when the
clipboard was collecting copied text etc and the clipboard thing
appeared down the right hand side. When I killed it, the problem

went
away. This is not identical to the problem on my usual PC,

although
the end result was the same.

The work around was to insert a new row (it did that OK) and then

paste
the parts that I wanted to keep into the individual cells. The

best
workaround, of course, was to use the PC of someone who's absent

from
work at the moment.

Thank you for your suggestion. I may try that just for the hell

of it,
but I'll see what parts of the clipboard can be disabled first.

I'm
happy to have a single-shot clipboard just like the old days; 24

things
seems a bit extreme.

I disabled every conceivable part of the Office Clipboard, and the
problem has gone away!! I'm sure this problem is well documented
somewhere if only people know what to search for.

If I find a reference from Micro$oft or elsewhere, I'll post that

too
in case anyone else is interested.

Les