TricksOfMind

Default TOC and other problems in a very long doc

I have a doc of 700+ pages (a book indeed).
A long time ago hardly recovered from a master doc nightmare.

My conf is Word 2003, Windows XP, 660 Mb RAM

Although stable, I face the following issues :
-pagination takes more than ONE hour and happens frequently (eventhough I
check of auto paging), for instance if I need to preview (by the way I now
most often create a PDF : it takes the same time but I can reuse it)
- TOC are not fully updated anymore (only the page number is updated, even
if i check "full update"). I use a macro to do that. I have tens of TOC (for
instance one master at level 1 only, on between level 2 and 4 at each start
of a chapter, one full at the end). My TOC are delimited by "signet" (sorry
I am French) (signet is a named part of the document)
- some picture diseappear from time to time and I have to reinclude them
- the entry in my index keep the style of the text where I marked them and
do not take the style Index1,2, etc.

Otherwise I am almost finished...

Heard of any "cheap" on line service to get it printed in A4 ?

Thanks !

PAC