Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Teresa Teresa is offline

Default how do you enter a repeating line over a number?

Thanks for the feedback. I am only able to get a number and then a
superscripted bar immediately after, for some reason. I tried the third
suggestion from "macropod" and it works for me.

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

There are several ways. The easiest is to use the equation editor. Results
aren't always satisfactory, however, unless you write the entire number
using the equation editor. How you proceed depends on which version of Word
you use.

You can also do it using an ADVANCE field code.

3{ advance \l6 \u12}_

puts the _ character above the 3, approximately where you'd want it when
using a 12 point type size. Create the field by pressing Ctrl+F9, typing
advance \l6 \u12 between the {} braces, then press F9.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
"Teresa" wrote in message
I'm using Microsoft Word and want to know how to put a line over a number
show, mathematically, that it is repeating.