Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Helenh

Default Changing new blank document

Thanks for the advice. I tried this but for some reason it wouldn't let me
change the style, so I deleted the hyperlink style it was using, it then
reverted to normal and I recreated the hyperlink style and saved the document
again as the normal.dot... it works fine now.
--
Regards,
Helen

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Open the file normal.dot. Change the style of the first paragraph to normal
then save and close the template.
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm

Helenh wrote:
I've set templates up to work, however if you click on the icon for
new blank document it opens the template but defaults to a style
within it rather than the normal style.. any ideas how I can change
this icon to open the 'normal.dot' template?