Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Kathy Mergulhao Kathy Mergulhao is offline

Default Suppressing lines in Word Mail Merge

I am looking for the same answer... hopefully someone will know if it can be done.

I am merging Excel data into a Word 2003 table. Each cell contains an If statement. If some of the rows are not needed, therefore empty, I would like the empty row to be deleted from the table.

Is it possible?

Red Sapphire wrote:

Supressing empty lines in Word 2003 during a mail merge
17-Dec-09

Hi all,

I know that there is a button somewhere, that leaves out empty fields during
a mail merge thus ensuring that you do not get empty lines or spaces when you
merge a document?

Any help much appreciated!

Thank you
Alison