Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default Page Numbers in Body of Document

Page numbers are dynamic, so cross reference a fixed page number will be
appropriate. You need to insert a hidden page number field somewhere in the
referenced page and bookmark it. Then cross-reference to that bookmark. The
page number may change, but as this Page field is actually anchored in the
page, the bookmark will update dynamically if the page number changes.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"Marsh" wrote in message
news
Using Office XP, I want to reference page numbers in the body text of a
large
document, using some sort of field. Thus, as I continue editing the
document, the referenced page number will update as pages are added and
removed.

I am using Heading styles 1,2,and 3 in chapter and section titles and will
use these to generate a TOC later.
Not sure if I explained adequately.
Marsh