Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rebecca Morris Rebecca Morris is offline

Default Protect Document - different in Word 2007?

I have documents that I have protected in Word 2003 for the sole purpose of
being able to tab to each field of data entry rather than using the mouse.
For these, I used the "padlock" icon (under Forms, I think). I have saved
these templates and I'm using them now in Word 2007, but I can't figure out
how to unprotect them in order to make changes to the text. The Protect
Document icon in the Review tab looks like the same feature but my
"protected" document shows "unrestricted access". Is this "Protect Document"
different from the padlock in the older versions, and if so, how can I
unprotect it to make changes to text, then protect it again?