Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Ricki Miles Ricki Miles is offline

Default Size of comment balloon font

Thank you both for your reponses. I did find the Balloon Text style in the
Custom Styles dialog box and showed it in the Styles Task Pane. However,
after modifying it so that the font is larger, when I create a new comment,
the text in the comment box is automatically styled with "Comment Text
Style", not Balloon Text style. How can I get the balloons to be
automatically styled in Balloon Text style so the font will be larger?

Thanks again,

Ricki

"Klaus Linke" wrote in message
You could also add a paragraph and type in "Baloon Text" into the styles
dropdown to assign it to the current paragraph.
It then appears at the top of the styles pane, and you can easily modify
it.

With headers, footers, footnotes, endnotes, it's usually quicker to just
go into one so the style appears in the styles pane (and you can modify
it), rather than to customize the styles pane.

Klaus

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote:
Hi Ricki,

All Styles in the Word 2002/2003 Formatting Task Pane doesn't really list
all styles. #6 here offers some tips for getting around that (see the PS)
http://shaunakelly.com/word/sfpane/S...ttingPane.html

I'm on a Mac, so cannot be more specific about Windows Word 2003, sorry.

Daiya

Ricki Miles wrote:
Hi Daiya,

I looked for the style in order to modify it, but I cannot find it in
the list of All Styles. Where is it so that it can be changed?

Thanks again,

Ricki

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote in message

You need to change the Balloon Text style for the comments to be a
different size text.

The height of a balloon should automatically adjust to the amount of
text in it.

Ricki Miles wrote:

I am using Word 2003. Is there any way to increase the size of
comment balloon font? Changing the Comment Text style only changes
the size of the font in the Reviewing Pane. Also, the balloon can be
changed in width through Tools, Options, Track Changes, but can the
height be changed?

Thanks,

Ricki