Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
sbrimley

Default Merge info is displaying in wrong format

I am using Word 2003 and Excel 2003 and when I merge info from excel to word
I have 2 fields that are not coming across how it is typed in excel. For
example we have a field for the dollar amount which reads $100.00 but when
merged into word it is coming in as 100.
The date is the other one that is merging in the wrong format. Our date in
excel reads December 31, 2005 and when merged it comes in as 12/31/2005.

Can someone tell me how to fix this? I use the merge function all the time
and have never had this problem. Please help!
Thank you