Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Default How to enter cell references in a table

Hi ?B?Q1c=?=,

There's tons of mind-boggling stuff in here about how to use cell references
for calculations in a table, which will be great...if only I knew how to
enter the refs in the cells in the first place!!!!
Nobody seems to cover that fundamental starting point. Word's inbuilt Help
doesn't either.
Please explain in simple terms - how do you assign and enter the cell
references within a table (Word 2002)???

I'm not sure what you're asking... You mean you want to see "A", "B", etc.
across the top of the table and "1", "2", etc. down the side? If you see it, it
will print, you know that? Word is not Excel...

Microsoft used to supply a template named Macros.dot with a tool that told you
the cell reference of the currently selected cell, but they discontinued it a
few years ago. Here's a little macro that will tell you the column and row
index (numerical):

Sub ShowCellReference()
Dim rng As Word.Range

Set rng = Selection.Range