Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Page Break before Heading won't hold "Normal" Heading

Remove the hard page break. Right-click the heading paragraph, click
Paragraph, go to the Line and Page Breaks tab, and check "Page break
before". Rebuild your TOC.

If you always want every Heading 1 to start a new page, change the
definition of the Heading 1 style to include the "Page break before".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sun, 8 Apr 2007 17:36:01 -0700, bnw401
wrote:

The page break on some pages above Level one headings is not formating as
"Normal", it shows up as Heading 1. This is messing with the TOC, it seems to
be creating an Error message. If I put a hard return before the Heading I
want, then the heading 1 formating will work.

I don't want the extra hard return at the top of the page.