WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Not all my captions show up in my list of figures?

Sure, I can help you with that! It sounds like you're having trouble with your table of figures and table of tables not including all of your captions. Here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue:
  1. Check the formatting of your captions: Make sure that all of your figure and table captions are formatted the same way. They should all be labeled as "Figure" or "Table" (depending on the type of caption) and numbered consistently. If any of your captions are formatted differently, they may not be included in the list.
  2. Update your table of figures/tables: Sometimes, Word doesn't automatically update your table of figures or tables when you add new captions. To update the table, simply right-click on it and select "Update Field." This should refresh the table and include any new captions that weren't previously included.
  3. Check your settings: It's possible that your table of figures/tables settings are set to exclude certain types of captions. To check this, go to the "References" tab and click on "Insert Table of Figures" or "Insert Table of Tables." In the dialog box that appears, make sure that all of the caption types you want to include are selected.
  4. Manually add missing captions: If all else fails, you can manually add any missing captions to your table of figures/tables. To do this, simply place your cursor where you want the caption to appear in the table, and then go to the "References" tab and click on "Insert Caption." Select the appropriate caption type and number, and then click "OK." The caption should now appear in the table.

I hope these steps help you resolve the issue!