Hi Bob,

I checked in Tool-Options and I had both the 'Complex Script' and
'Asian Typography' tabs. I was not sure what I was supposed to do with
this information.

So, first I did (B) - deleting all temp files. This did not remove the
crop marks.

However, when I booted in safe mode by holding down the ctrl key (A),
the crop marks disappeared! I exited Word and re-entered in normal
mode. The crop marks seemed to have been removed! Additionally, under
Tools-Options, the 'Complex Script' and 'Asian Typography' tabs also
disappeared.

I appreciate all the help everyone.

As a final question for interest sake, where did the 'Complex Script'
and 'Asian Typography' tabs appear from, and how can I avoid them in
the future? Also, why does putting Word into safe mode remove these
tabs?

Thanks again!
Chris Mason

Bob Buckland ?:-) At Beautiful Downtown wrote:
Hi Chris,

Check in Tools=Options to see if you have
either a 'complex script' or 'Asian Typography'
tab exists. If not then you may want
to try (A) starting Word in Office safe mode
(hold ctrl key when starting Word), (b)
using Start=Find/Search to remove files found
with the search string of
~$*.*;*.tmp
(C) run repair reinstall for MS Office in
Add/Remove Programs in the Windows control
Panel.

========
wrote in message

ups.com...
Hi Greg,

There are no other versions of Office installed. The machine is only

couple months old and the first version installed was Office 2003.

The
crop marks started to appear a couple of weeks ago I believe.

Thanks for the ideas! Any others?

Chris
--
Let us know if this helped you,