Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Numbered List question

You insert a paragraph break by pressing Enter. You can select and delete
the line breaks.

http://word.mvps.org

"JohnB" wrote in message
You're right, it all line breaks. Only a paragraph break after the very
first line in the document.
How do I fix that?
Is it possible to insert a paragraph break?
I seached Help and Googled for it and didn't find anything.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Display nonprinting characters and make sure that the list items are
separated from other text with paragraph breaks and not line breaks. It
sounds as if your entire document is a single paragraph.

http://word.mvps.org

"JohnB" wrote in message
I was given a Word document created by someone else. I believe it was
created with Word 2003. I have2007.
Within the document is a list of 3 items that was manually numbered. I
want to change that section of the document to remove the manually
entered numbers, and use the Numbered List function in Word. The
problem is; when I attempt to number the list, Word puts a number one at
the very beginning of the document. Not at the beginning of the first
line in the list where I have the cursor.

What is wrong, and how do I get Word to number this list, and not the
entire document?