Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Default how to perform auto correct function on a mail merge document

With mail merge it's usually better to correct the source data. Open the
Excel file and make the change there.

You could also make the change in the merge SQL statement.

"Rong" wrote in message
in a mail merge, I am familar with the "if...then...else" statemant.
I have a group of codes - 6 of them that I want expanded on the merged
output letter.
Input is in an excel file.
data in that looks like "P/S" in the letter I want "Perry Smith Memorial
Fund" to appear.
any suggestons?
I've updated the auto correct function and it works fine when I type "P/S"
but
how to perform that on the output of the mail merge?
Rong