DJEB

Default tc field codes, hidden text, takes up space even when hidden

I am using tc codes to generate a table of contents.

I have many tc entries in my files.

The tc entries do disappear when the hidden/show is toggled, however, while
the text disappears it still takes up space in both the regular display and a
print preview display. This blank space is printed when I print the
document. This is seriously throwing my pagination off.

If I mark the tc codes as hidden text from the font meny then the do
completely disappear and do not take up space in the document. However, they
then no longer are recognized as tc codes when I try to generate a table of
contents.

Help, this is so frustrating !!!!!!!

Thank you for your time.