Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

Default Tool bars

Try double clicking on the blue bar (Title bar). I'm suspecting that you
have the window sized larger than your monitor, and part of the window is
outside your viewing area. By double-clicking the title bar, you are
maximizing the window so that it fits the monitor viewing area exactly.

If that does not fix the problem, then I would be suspicious that your
monitor needs to be reset, especially if this is a problem with other
applications as well.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

This message was posted to a newsgroup, Please post replies and questions
to the group so that others can learn as well.
"Absolute Beginner" Absolute wrote in
message ...
The "X" in the top right corner of the document window in "Word 2003" has
disappeared. How do I get it back?