Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] bmurphy@xlrotor.com is offline

Default need field to remove the first word in a cross reference

I was beginning to think it would come to this.

Since I'm using my own macros to put in captions and their cross
references, I should be able to work in the bookmark that I need.

When I insert a caption, I'll enclose the part I want to use later in
a regular bookmark. I'm pretty sure that when later selecting that
caption in the Insert/Cross Reference dialog Word will create it's
hidden bookmark (if it's not there already) with mine inside, and
create a cross reference to it's hidden bookmark. Then I'll have my
macro edit the cross reference field to change the bookmark label.

Does that sound like the way to go? If you have any suggestions on
this, please post back. Right now I don't how to find the tag for
what will be my bookmark.

Cordially,

Brian

On Sep 13, 1:25 am, "Graham Mayor" wrote:
Not without creating another bookmark

My web sitewww.gmayor.com
Word MVP web sitehttp://word.mvps.org

wrote:
I have a cross-reference field in my document to a bookmark that
contains several words. Is there any way to remove the first word and
display the rest?

Thanks

Brian Murphy