Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dslocum[_13_] dslocum[_13_] is offline

Default Copying Multiple Lists to new document

Thanks Lene,
I think that this is the direction I need to go. I believe that these
series of documents have been edited/modified by many different users
over the years. It is the company's users manual and as updates come
along the manual is edited, cut and pasted, etc.

I have noticed that in a numbered list of seven items, item number 5 is
indented differently than the rest of the numbered items. From a Word
standpoint, this document is a mess. I have several hundred pages to
merge and edit the numbered lists.

I am using Word 2007 and I am reading/asking anything and anyone on how
to find out how to tell the difference between those items that are
indented differently from the others and those that are not. I would
hope to be able to select the list and apply the desired style but I
have never needed to do this at least not to a scale that leads me to
search out a method to do this quickly and easily.

I believe that the "links" within the lists a broken as it is common in
this document to see the following:
1)
2)
7)
8)
9)

What I have been doing today is for lists that do not start with 1) is
to select the number, then on the HOME Ribbon I select the numbering
drop-down arrow and use the Set Numbering Value option. This works but
according to your link is not to good.

For the sections that are not following sequencially, I select the last
"good" number in the list, click the Format Painter option and the
select the "bad" number(s).

Word 2003 made it easy to view ALL Styles; I could then select a
section of the list that is correct, see the style and apply it to the
bad ones.

d.

--
dslocum