Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Different types of paragraph marks...

A "soft carriage return" would be word wrap, which is not indicated by any
symbol. In addition to line breaks (bent arrows) and paragraph breaks
(pilcrows), there are also text wrapping breaks, but they are very
distinctive (bent arrow between two uprights), so they're unlikely to be at
issue here.

http://word.mvps.org

"Word Almost Expert :P" wrote
in message ...
Ok to clarify...

I know the difference between a "hard carriage return" and a "soft
carriage
return".

hard carriage return = paragraph marks
soft carriage return = line break

The problem I am facing is that on two different computers, the hard
carriage return looks different.

Just so you people don't think I'm confused, the hard carriage return with
bent arrow has a longer vertical shaft.

Meanwhile, the bent arrow symbolizing the soft carriage return has a
longer
horizontal shaft.

So please... don't tell me that I am hitting "shift+enter"... because it
is
not that.

"Word Almost Expert :P" wrote:

Ok, here's my problem. My coworker showed me her document. It has
left-bend
arrows at the end of every line. And NO, they are not line breaks. I
know
what a line break looks like.

When I open the document on my computer, the left-bend arrows look like
paragraph marks.

I remember reading somewhere that you can change the style of the
paragraph
mark. I just can't remember where! And I am 100% positive that I have
done
it before 2 years ago. The only problem is I forgot how to do it.