Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz

Default Where can I find COMPLETE steps to save to disc?

Despite what seems to be a very popular misconception, CDs are *not* the
'New Age' replacement for floppies. Take Charles' recommendations seriously.

Yes, new CDs must be formatted before data can be written to them, &
somewhere in the literature that came with your laptop there *should* be
instructions for your specific unit. What you need to know can vary greatly
depending on the type of CDs, the type of drive, & the software that
addresses it. Contact the laptop mfr's Support if the necessary manuals were
not provided.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Mayor Mae" Mayor wrote in message
What are the exact steps to save a file to disc? I have a new laptop
w/windows XP, and follow directions, but files do not copy. Do you have
format every disc before you use it? I never see temporary files
message/copy
to CD. Should formatting take 15 minutes EVERY time? Why aren't any
instructions complete, step by step, and include DISC must BE FORMATTED?
am so frustrated................