Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
No Name

Default confused footers! - solved

Solved.

In disgust I saved and closed the Word document.

When I reopened it, the ToC and the "Print Layout" view are now all correct.
They all show that page as being page 135 with the correct footer.

I guess that Word does not correctly repaginate its pages on the fly and
only does so when it reopens the document. Very confusing.

Jeff

wrote:
Using Word 2002 in Windows XP.

I am dealing with a long (500 page) document containing multiple
section breaks. In a couple of places I have the following strange
problem with odd page footers:

A new section's footer is correct when viewed in "Print Layout". But
Word's "Print Preview" shows that page with the previous (wrong) odd
page footer and the correct footer is only correct in subsequent
pages.
How does one correct this since it is correct in both the "Print
Layout" and the "Header/Footer" view which therefore have nothing to
correct!
Jeff