Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
No Name

Default confused footers!

See my subsequent replies. I never thought of the printer driver being at
fault. .

Actually closing and reopening the Word document fixed the problem. So I
think it has to do with Word incompletely re-paginating the document. I
have 4 G of ram in Windows XP.

Jeff

Terry Farrell wrote:
Does it print incorrectly? I ask because this sounds more like a
printer driver bug.

wrote in message
Using Word 2002 in Windows XP.

I am dealing with a long (500 page) document containing multiple
section breaks. In a couple of places I have the following strange
problem with odd page footers:

A new section's footer is correct when viewed in "Print Layout". But
Word's "Print Preview" shows that page with the previous (wrong) odd
page footer and the correct footer is only correct in subsequent
pages. How does one correct this since it is correct in both the "Print
Layout" and the "Header/Footer" view which therefore have nothing to
correct! Jeff