Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Word 2003 Display formatting abnormally

It's likely due to different default printers in each case. Printer metrics
vary and render the identical Word document differently. For consistency,
you'd need to use the identical printer model (maybe even the identical
printer driver) in each case. (You can install a printer drive on a computer
even if that printer is not available.)

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
"IslandTech" wrote in message
Word 2003 documents I create on "one particular PC" with one set of
margins
look different and pages are formatted (text is moved to a different page)
differently on any other PC with the SAME margin settings. PCs have same
version of MS Office 2003 Professional.

Any ideas how to resolve this will be greatly appreciated.

Note: the same issue arises when the document is opened in different
versions of Office. Issue only arised AFTER I installed an HP ScanJet
5590
flatbed scanner on "authoring PC" in question . It never happened
before...and I've installed all available Office 2003 updates.