Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Default Mail Merge Not Reading Field Codes Properly

See "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Sandi" wrote in message
HELP HELP HELP!!!

I have a mail merge document where I am trying to pull in my data source
from an excel spread sheet and I have 3 fields in my data source that are
percentages. Each time I merge my document, it's not reading the
percentages, but take it out into a decimal like this for example:
0.65000000000002. I've tried everything I know possible to correct the
problem, but it's not working at all. Also when I go in to select my data
source and it comes up to confirm my data souce I usually select the MS
Excel
Worksheets via DDE but it keeps telling me that it can't re-establish a
DDE
connection to Microsoft Excel to complete my task. This is normally how I
perform a mail merge with an Excel file. Any help would be greatly
appreacited.
Thanks,

Sandi Gardner