Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SueK SueK is offline

Default HELP!!! Links not working properly

I have created a link between Excel and Word that anytime I change or update
a cell in Excel, it updates a specific spot in Word. I did this by copying
the cell in Excel and then paste special, paste link as unformatted text in
Word. It worked great until we deleted some rows in Excel and discovered
that the links in Word stays with the row it was linked to so it now updates
with the wrong information. Is there a way to preserve this link so rows can
be deleted or sorted in Excel and the correct information will be updated in
my Word document?

Thanks for any help!