Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CreekLeaper CreekLeaper is offline

Default Somehow I accidentally select a block of text and erase it

I have a laptop and the version of Word that came with Windows vista.

I'll be happily typing along, and suddenly a block of text will become
selected, or highlighted, and with the next letter I type the selected text
will all disappear. I imagine I'm accidentally rubbing my thumb on the
touchpad and selecting it all somehow -- is there a way to turn this off?
I've always had laptops and have never had this problem before.

Thanks!