Dawn Rhoads

Thanks again for your help Greg and Charles! I still don't know what the
problem was, but I had difficulty getting any of Greg's formulas to work at
all. I was probably doing something wrong. I also lost my internet
connection for about a day so couldn't access the newsgroup to ask for more
help. What bad timing! I was able to find someone here at work who came up
with a way of accomplishing our goal, which I'm posting in case anyone else
is interested in this thread.

We used a field for the user to type in the total pages (bookmarked as
"totalpages", and the number 100 in a second column (bookmarked "pagesfree").
This was mostly for user-friendliness, so they could see what numbers were
being used. Then he was able to make a field that subtracted pagesfree from
the total pages, divided that total by 50. Now here's the tricky part: he
added 0.49 to the result and rounded the resulting number. Adding the 0.49
has the effect of making the "round" function into a "round up" function. It
works! Sneaky.

Here's the field we used:

{=MAX(ROUND(0.49+((totalpages-pagesfree/50),0),0)\*MERGEFORMAT}

Thanks again for the time you spent helping me, I appreciate it. Hope this
might help anyone else with this issue.

Thanks,
Dawn