Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default get rid of red underlined letters in text

Press Ctrl+Shift+E to turn off Track Changes. And to remove the
tracked changes that are currently in your document, click on
"Accept All Changes" on the Reviewing toolbar.

Susann wrote:
I was typing along in a Word document (2003) and suddenly I'm getting red
underlined letters. I hadn't hit anything on the toolbar or upper keys that
I am aware of. I don't want to try hitting various keys and settings at
random and maybe create more problems. How do I get rid of this and get back
to regular text?