Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Neil Watterson Neil Watterson is offline

Default repeat headers

Hi Suzanne, what I am looking to do is have 3 separate tables in a word doc
that may or may not roll to a new page (each table may be more than 1 page
long). Each table is different and has different column headings that I want
to repeat on the new page if it extends that far. I set each table properties
to repeat header row at top of next page but this only works for the last
table. I have read Microsoft help and it states it doesn't work if you have
page breaks in the table (or multiple tables). I am looking for a way around
this....any thoughts?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I'm not sure I understand what you're wanting or what you're getting. Table
heading rows repeat only for the tables they're in. That is, Row 1 of Table
1, if set as a heading row, will repeat for the length of Table 1. Then you
break to Table 2, and its heading row repeats for its length, and so on. If
you want overall headings to repeat for all the tables, try putting the text
in the document header (the tables will need to be in a separate section).

"Neil Watterson" Neil wrote in message
How do I repeat headers for 3 seperate tables spanning multiple pages?

When I
have it repeat, it only repeats for the last table, not the first 2. Is it
possible and how?

Thanks....Neil