Luc

Candace,
Bookmark the number not the whole cell, that seems to work here.
Luc
"Candace" schreef in bericht
Okay. I just tried the bookmarks but the totals aren't coming out
correctly.
I named one bookmark "cell1" and the other "cell2", then in a 3rd cell I
typed the following formula without the quotes "=sum(cell1,cell2)". Then I
placed the number "200" in cell1 and the number 300 in cell2, but the
total
the formula gave me was "1000" instead of "500". It seems to be doubling
the
figures. Any suggestions?

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

Use a bookmark.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Candace" wrote in message
Is there any way to name a cell in a Word table (like you can in
Excel)? I
would like to be able to reference the cell by a name rather than by
"A1,
B2,
or D3"?