Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
LurfysMa LurfysMa is offline

Default EngraversGothic BT looks different on Win XP / Word 2007 than Win 2K / Word 2K

On Mon, 07 May 2007 22:40:27 -0700, LurfysMa
wrote:

On Mon, 7 May 2007 22:53:06 -0500, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
wrote:

I can answer at least one question: on the old machine, open the Windows
Fonts folder. Right-click on the Engravers Gothic BT font and choose
Properties. Note the filename.

It's ENGRGOTN.TTF. I didn't need to right-click. The filename is
displayed in Explorer.

I have a font called Engravers MT with the
filename ENGR.TTF; it is a serif font (see
http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/agfa/en...engravers-mt/). Is it
possible that this is what you want rather than Engravers Gothic BT
("gothic" = sans serif)?

I have that one also. Engravers' Gothic BT is sans-serif, which is
what I want.

In any case, you can copy the font to a floppy, CD,
flash drive, etc., and transfer it to the new machine.

We have 2 PCs -- both bought last week and running WinXP and Office
2007. I tried printing one of our documents from the secomd machine
and it printed perfectly. So, I checked the font applet on both
machines. Sure enough, on one, there is no ENGRGOTN.TTF and on the
other there is.

I have no idea why two brand new machines set up at the same time with
the same software, would have different fonts. One is a laptop, but
that should not make any difference.

In any case, how to I extract the font from the one and copy it to the
other?

I couldn't figure out how to extract the font from the WinXP system,
but I did find it in c:\WINNT\Fonts on the Win2K system. I copied it
to the machine that was missing it and now all is happy. Thanks

--
Running Word 2000 SP-3 on Windows 2000