Or a StyleRef field.

"Robert M. Franz" wrote in message
Hello Mary

Mary Gudobba wrote:
Our client has asked that the name of the document and some other
information be included in the footer on every page. Unfortunately,

this
information is something that has to be manually inserted. I wrote a

macro
that inserts part of the language needed and the user has to complete

the
rest. What I want to do, is have this information print on every page

of
every section, but I don't want a page number on page 1 of section 1, or
most likely on any of the pages of the following sections. I don't

want
users to have to manually insert this information more than once. I

tried
applying a style to the information on the first page and then tried to
include it in the footer on the second page using the same mergeformat
command I use to put names in the header of a second page of a letter,

but
it seems that since the style only appears in the footer, it doesn't

work.
Is there an easy way to do this?

A DOCPROPERTY would be my first shot.

HTH