Many fields no longer update automatically, but if you use Save As, the
CreateDate should change, and you can update it with F9 or by printing or
switching to Print Preview.

"Mary Gudobba" wrote in message
DOCPROPERTY seems like it will work, with one problem. One of the things
the client wants is a date. I tried using the create date, because I

don't
want it to change every day, but I DO want it to change if I save the
document with a new name. It seems to be keeping the original create

date.
I don't want to use a save date, because of the way word asks you if you
want to save changes after you print (we have update field on print turned
on) and I don't want users to be confused and save it again, when all they
did was print it. The documents are large commercial leases and purchase
agreements. Some have as many as 100 pages, and 20 sections.

"Robert M. Franz" wrote in message
Hello Mary

Mary Gudobba wrote:
Our client has asked that the name of the document and some other
information be included in the footer on every page. Unfortunately,

this
information is something that has to be manually inserted. I wrote a
macro that inserts part of the language needed and the user has to
complete the rest. What I want to do, is have this information print

on
every page of every section, but I don't want a page number on page 1

of
section 1, or most likely on any of the pages of the following

sections.
I don't want users to have to manually insert this information more

than
once. I tried applying a style to the information on the first page

and
then tried to include it in the footer on the second page using the

same
mergeformat command I use to put names in the header of a second page

of
a letter, but it seems that since the style only appears in the footer,
it doesn't work. Is there an easy way to do this?

A DOCPROPERTY would be my first shot.

HTH
Robert
--