Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default header and pagination

This suggests that you are using building blocks instead of creating your
header manually in the header pane, which requires either inserting the PAGE
field by hand or using Insert | Page Number | Current Position | Plain
Number. Alternatively, you can use the Blank header building block (though
that's rather pointless, and you end up with an extra, empty paragraph).

Or, as someone else suggested, you can instead choose the Blank (Three
Columns) header building block, but you still have to use Insert | Page
Number | Current Position | Plain Number (and you have to delete the content
control in the center).

http://word.mvps.org

"Barb" wrote in message
That didn't work. What I ended up doing was to insert pagination first,
then
go to the next line and put in my header on the left. Thank you, though.
--
Barb

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Type the header, press Tab once or twice (depending on the length of the
header) and insert the PAGE field.

http://word.mvps.org

"Barb" wrote in message
How do I put in a text header on the left and page numbers on the top
right?
--
Barb

.