Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Word not saving my data source

If you are seeing the SQL message, that is a good sign because it means that
a data source /is/ attached. I suggest you make the registry change
suggested in the article to make that message disappear, then see how things
go.

Are you definitely saving the mail merge main document after you have
attached the data source to it (obvious question, I know...)

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Carol R." wrote in message
news
It's the 2007 version, and sometimes I get the message "Opening this will
run the following SQL command", but sometimes I don't. What am I doing
wrong?

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

Which version of Word, and are you seeing a message like "Opening this
will
run the following SQL command" ? If so, the following article may help:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/825765/en-us

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Carol R." wrote in message
I have this letter I use that is merged with an excel database, but
every
time I open the letter I have to re-assign my data source. Shouldn't
it
be
saving this information so I don't have to keep linking the letter to
the
database every time I open the file?