Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default default font

Okay, in that case, you simply follow the directions in
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...alTemplate.htm. Change
the font face and size in the Fonts dialog, click Default..., and answer
yes.

http://word.mvps.org

"weekend" wrote in message
Susan: I have to apologize. I told you I had the 2007 edition of MS Office
Professional, but it's the 2003. (I'd bought the computer last winter, and
forgot that the older edition was installed.) So I don't have a Manage
Styles
dialog or a button on the left corner of the Styles pane. I have the much
more limited Change Styles option. Unless I'm missing something, that
doesn't
include any change to default font size. Again, sorry for taking up your
time
with bad information. ingrid wiegand

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You are clearly not on the Set Defaults tab of the Manage Styles dialog,
which is what I am describing. Open this dialog by clicking the Manage
Style
button in the bottom left corner of the Styles pane. Open the Style pane
by
clicking the dialog launcher in the bottom right corner of the Styles
group
on the Home tab.

http://word.mvps.org

"weekend" wrote in message
Sorry, but I don't find a font size box in the "Change Styles" section.
When
you click on that, you get 3 options: Style Set, Colors and Fonts. When
you
choose Fonts, you get a set of paired fonts, with 12 pts for Headings
and
11
for Body, but that's it. No point options, so if you don't like what
they
give you, you have to set the point size you want each time. BTW, I'm
on
XP
professional, in case that affects anything with Word 2007, although I
don't
see why it should.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

There is a box for font size on the Set Defaults tab as well.

http://word.mvps.org

"weekend" wrote in message
thanks. that worked for the font, but I'm still stuck with the
original
default font size 11. is there any way to change that as well?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

In that case you're best advised to change the font on the Set
Defaults
tab
of the Manage Styles dialog, which is accessed via a button in the
lower
right corner of the Styles window/pane. You can set the defaults
for a
given
document or for all new documents based on the given template.

http://word.mvps.org

"weekend" wrote in message
2007. part of Office 2007

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What version of Word? See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...alTemplate.htm
for
Word
2003 and earlier. For Word 2007, you should change the document
(or
template) defaults in the Manage Styles dialog.

http://word.mvps.org

"weekend" wrote in message
how do I set up my own default font and font size in Word?
Can't
seem
find
where to do it.