Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default default font

Windows 7 will not change Word 2007, and Office 14 will probably not change
this feature. If this is a new computer, you probably got a trial version of
Office 2007 on it. I don't know what Control Panel has to do with showing
you what version of Word you have (unless you're looking at Add and Remove
Programs), but it's possible to have both 2003 and 2007 running side by side
(I do).

In any case, I *think* you can change the default font the same way in Word
2007; that is, I think that using the Default... button in the Font dialog
changes the document defaults rather than Normal style directly, so it would
be okay to do it that way, too.

http://word.mvps.org

"weekend" wrote in message
news
Suzanne: thanks for your patience. Got it. Don't ask me how I got Word
2007,
because I don't know and neither does my Control Panel. Nevertheless, I
hope
Windows 7 makes the change-default option more findable. Thanks again.
ingrid

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you have that layout, then you have Word 2007. You may also have Word
2003 installed, but what you are viewing, if it has the Ribbon, is Word
2007. And if it's Word 2007 then you access the Manage Styles dialog as
described: click the dialog launcher arrow in the bottom right corner of
the
Styles group (below Change Styles; do NOT click the arrow on the Change
Styles button) on the Home tab to open the Styles window, then click the
Manage Styles button in the Styles window; it is the third button from
the
left in the bottom left corner. In the Manage Styles dialog, choose the
Set
Defaults tab.

http://word.mvps.org

"weekend" wrote in message
Suzanne: this is getting curiouser & curiouser, as Alice used to say.
The
link you gave me, which claims it covers all Word 2004 and earlier,
doesn't.
I've been using Word since Word 95, and I know the Standard Toolbar
where
you
set up your fonts from Format. Word 2003 (which my control panel
assures
me
is the one I have) has the new toolbar system, where Home, Insert, Page
Layout, etc, each have their own assembly of sub-toolbars. And in THAT
system, I have Change Styles (not Manage Styles) as a subset of Home,
and
it
works as I described in my previous reply. Will appreciate any further
help
you can give me. ingrid

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote

What version of Word? See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...alTemplate.htm
for
Word
2003 and earlier. For Word 2007, you should change the document (or
template) defaults in the Manage Styles dialog.

http://word.mvps.org

"weekend" wrote in message
how do I set up my own default font and font size in Word? Can't
seem
find
where to do it.