Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
kevin k via OfficeKB.com

Default Sorting numerals with decimals in Word

I have a table within a Word document that has been formatted and configured
the way management likes; i.e., it's aesthetically pleasing, easy to populate
and easy to distribute. However, I'm having an issue with the sorting of
section numbers containing decimals, namely, 1.2.2, 1.2.3...10.3.2, etc. etc.
This issue has come up several times and I understand reason behind it, as
described in threads like the following:

http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/ms-excel/60787

What I'd like to determine is if the coding solutions are available through
my existing Word document or is my only recourse to convert to Excel?

Thank you for your help-
Kevin