Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Saravanan Saravanan is offline

Default Left click dosn't register in Word 07

Hi "nhensey",

I browsed on the microsoft site - found a note that says this problem is
caused by an automatic update (see Article ID : 940791). "You may experience
several problems after you install an automatic update for Word 2007 on a
Windows Vista-based computer".
As others have said here, the fix is to delete the Data registry subkey.
Microsoft's instructions for doing this a-

To resolve this problem, delete the
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\W ord\Data registry subkey.
To do this, follow these steps:
1. Exit all Office programs.
2. Click Start , type regedit in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation,
type the password, or click Continue.
3. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\W ord\Data
4. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click Yes.
5. Exit Registry Editor.
6. Restart Word.

This will work fine for your problem with Word 2007. Good luck!

by,

Saravanan

---------Let me know- whether your problem is solved?---------

"nhensey" wrote:

Hello,
I installed Office 07 a few months back, it worked fine up until
recently when the left click stopped registering. I am able to type.
Unfortunately when I go to select any text e.g. in order to format it, the
left click and drag function doesn't work.
I have installed the Microsoft Service pack, but it doesn't seem to have
mad any difference. Can anyone tell me what this problem;em may be?

Many thanks,