Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RobG RobG is offline

Default Deleting section break deletes header - completely

I have a Word 2002 document with multiple sections. It has a different
first page specified in the first section.

I am trying to reduce the document to one section, however whenever I
remove the last section break, the header completely disappears and I
can't get it back. Viewing "headers and footers" shows only the
footer, I can't see or add a header.

I have tried reducing it to two sections, then make them identical in
regard to same headers, footers and layout (different first page, etc.)
but still no joy - as soon as I remove the last section break, the
headers are gone forever, and I can't put any back in.

What the???

PS. I'm so totally over Word. It is a genuinely bad word processor, it
has many, many foibles that appear to be either outright bugs or the
result of very poor programming.

--
Rob