Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Otyokwa Otyokwa is offline

Default Spell Check Quits

I am using Word 2007. The steps:
1. I quote something from say a journal article
2. On the References ribbon I "Insert Citation"
3. Once citation is inserted into paper, I right click to edit citation and
put in a page number of the quote.
4. I finally right click on citation and "convert citation to static text".
5. When I do the above I then have to go to the review ribbon and click the
set language tab and unclick the "do not check spelling or grammar" box. I
must do this every time after I do steps 1-4. The language is set to English
and it is not checked before I do steps 1-4.
Thanks

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

List the steps (exactly) that creates this problem and which Word version is
involved?

Otyokwa wrote:
I am having a problem with spell check. It works fine until I insert
a citation into the paper. If I Insert a citation then edit citation
to place a page number and finally convert citation to static text
the spell check stops checking. I then have to go to the review
ribbon and click on the set language tab because the box by the "Do
not check spelling or grammar" will then be checked. I then unclick
the box and spell check will work fine until the next time I do the
above insert citation steps (inserteditconvert to text). I have
tried to repair word and it doesn't work. I have gone into the
registry and deleted the proofing tools so it made a new proofing
tools registry all to no avail.
Thanks for any advice you may have!