Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Mail Merge

Well done - thanks for letting us know.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

spinball wrote:

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

That is unusual. I don't suppose you have something like an INCLUDETEXT
field that is including the mail merge main document?

the scroll

no! i've solved it!.when merging with excel you must not leave blank lines in

the spread sheet.you must take the ticks out of the blank lines on the
preview screen.Then all is o.k. DONT LEAVE BLANK LINES WHEN MERGING!

thanks anyway!
?

Are you merging directly to a printer, or to an output document? What type
of merge (I assume it is Letters/Form Letters)? Which version of Word?

What if you create a new, very simple mail merge document that uses the same
data?

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"spinball" wrote in message
Hi, i'm trying to merge a word document with infomation from an excel
worksheet.I have completed the mail merge, however, the original document
appears in the scroll after each merged document i.e. original doc/merged
data/original doc/merged data/original doc,ect ect.Can anyone help ?