Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Artreid Artreid is offline

Default Word 2007 strange characters?

Installing he compatibility pack did nothing I still see a bunch of sideways
(right pointing arrows) and also what looks like musical notes imbedded in
my document.

I really need to get ride of this junk in my files.

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote in
message ...
See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=923505 "How to install the
Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack so that you can use earlier versions
of Excel, PowerPoint, and Word to open and to save files from 2007 Office
programs".

Artreid wrote:

When I edit Word Documents I open up a document/Letter, etc, with all
sorts of weird characters in the document or letter. How do I edit a
previously created Word file and get it to look like a normal document
like they did
with Word 2003?