Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Dale Dale is offline

Default SQL Command

I am unsure if you are asking a question or confirming what I had written.
If a question, the answer is yes. Whether I answer YES or NO, the Word doc
opens--but only with the partial list of labels, never the entire list I
typed into the database. How do I "unlink"? Why won't the mailmerge process
just export the entire database to the Word doc? Must I start over?
--
Dale

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

You receive the "Opening this will run the following SQL command" message
when you open a Word mail merge main document that is linked to a data
source - http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=825765

Dale wrote:
I have Microsoft Word 2002 and am a novice mailmerger. I successfully
created about a 200 name/address label list. When creating a second
list I could not get at the end of the process a Word doc with the
labels on it. I get the following dialog box: "Opening this document
will run the following SQL command: SELECT *FROM 'Office Address
List' ORDER BY 'Last Name" ASC. Data from your database will be
placed in the document. Do you want to continue?" But I only get a
partial label list. What did I do wrong?