Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] ewout.boter@gmail.com is offline

Default Using a PDF as background

Hi Graham,

I have used Adobe Acrobat Professional to convert the PDF to a JPEG-
file. I have inserted the file in the merge template. It looks rather
fine, although I think it will be difficult to calibrate the image.
(The pre-printed form has the size Letter 8.5" x 11". It was scanned
to a page with format A4 (about 8.27" x 11.69". The JPEG-file should
now be adjusted to the correct size. I think that will be a cumbersome
process.)

However, a more important problem is the following. The background of
the document should not be printed. You suggested to set the option
Print Drawing Objects to off, but in that case ALL texts would
disappear, because I have used text boxes to position the merge
fields.

Is it possible to indicate on the level of individual drawing objects
whether or not the object should be printed? If not, then I don't
think I will do any attempt to get the calibration right!

Ewout

On Jan 23, 4:45*pm, "Graham Mayor" wrote:
If you are scanning the form scan it to a graphics image such as jpg and not
PDF.
Insert the image full size and set its layout property to behind text.
Set the Word Option not to print drawing objects.

--

Graham Mayor - *Word MVP

My web sitewww.gmayor.com
Word MVP web sitehttp://word.mvps.org

wrote:
I want to use a PDF-file as background for a merge document. The merge
document contains data that will eventually be printed on a pre-
printed form. I would like to use a scan of the pre-printed form as
background for the merge data, so that the user knows the context of
the data that is displayed in the merge document. Of course, the
background itself should not be printed.

Any suggestions?

Ewout- Hide quoted text -